Boston Opera Collaborative Debut
Ann will be making her debut as Mustardseed in Boston Opera Collaborative’s production of Midsummer, a world premiere by Scott Wheeler. This year, the show features 7 short operas – including 6 brand new pieces that we have commissioned, and one U.S. premiere.
There’s food and drink, too. Opera BITES…get it?
What are these short operas all about, you might wonder?
There’s something for everyone and plenty of drama. This is opera, after all.
In this year’s Opera Bites, you’ll see:
• A perfectly nice date night ruined by murderous fortune cookies
• What if the attractive guy at the party is really a reincarnation of your dearly departed dog?!
• Shakespearean fairies in existential crisis
And other fascinating scenarios, some poignant and thought-provoking, some comic (and thought-provoking).
Here are 5 reasons you’ll love Opera Bites:
1. It’s intimate. No matter where you are in the room, you’ll be sitting close to the action.
2. It’s fresh. These are stories you’ve never seen or heard before.
3. It’s short. Each opera is only 10 minutes or less! It’s art for an attention-deficit world.
4. There’s food! And wine! Who doesn’t like a drink or snack with their high culture?
5. It’s in English. You’ll catch every word – promise.
You can order tickets here. Just enter BOCMEMBER (my personal discount code) at checkout.